Updated: Getting closer... third release candidate for Greenshot 1.0 published today
Update: RC3 has introduced two annoying bugs with several plugins, RC4 fixes those and is available now.
Read the RC4 release post for details.
There is a German saying "Gut Ding will Weile haben", meaning roughly "good things need time".
For Greenshot 1.0 RC3 we took a bit more time than planned, we want to make Greenshot 1.0 as good as possible and this time was needed.
As we made a lot of changes the risk for new bugs is higher, but if found these will be fixed quickly with RC4 / .
The final release should be shortly after
The exact details of the changes in Greenshot 1.0 RC3 are listed below, but here are the biggest:
* Performance improvements, in several areas but mainly noticeable directly after captures.
* The upload plugins now use our own code, this made it possible to get a consistent experience when authorizing with different platforms
* By removing a lot of 3rd party libs Greenshot is now smaller, should also use a bit less memory and most upload plugins no longer need .NET 3.5
* Finally fixed a bug in our shadow/torn edges effect which forced us to use a white background, now we can use transparency.
* A lot of small bug and translation fixes
Here's the complete changelog for RC3: Features added: Bugs resolved: Features removed: Known issues: </code>
1.0.3 build 2159 Release Candidate 3</p>
* The Imgur plugin now has login support, uncheck the "Annonymous" checkbox in the settings.
* Added new languages, see our blog
* Moved Office destinations to their own plugin, making it possible for people to install Greenshot without
* Fixed OCR not working on Windows in 64 bit modus. People who want to use OCR without having office, read our FAQ!
* Fixed a performance issue with the windows capture.
* Fixed issues with Dropbox authentication, using our own OAuth implementation
* Fixed problems with generating transparency for shadow & torn edges.
* Fixed 2 bugs with the capture last region, see bug #3569703
* Fixed weird window titles showing up in the "Capture Internet Explorer from list"
* Fixed some more bugs with the dynamic destination picker and also fixed a small general issue with Office destinations.
* Removed unneeded files in the installer, making it smaller
* Fixed a lot of small translation texts and some icons in menus
* Fixed missing translations and enlarged some labels of settings for several plugins: external command, Jira, Imgur, Flickr and Picasa
* Fixed some upload issues, most uploads should have better performance and use less memory. Also removed some dependencies, which make the plugins and Greenshot smaller and work with .NET 2.0
* Remove any history management of all non annonymous upload plug-ins, Greenshot is for uploading not managing uploads.
* Greenshot general: the I-Beam cursor isn't displayed correctly on the final result.
* Greenshot general: Not all hotkeys can be changed in the editor. For example the pause or the Windows key need to be modified directly in the ini.
* Greenshot editor: Rotate only rotates the screenshot, not the added elements or cursor
* Confluence Plug-in: the retrieving of the current page from firefox only works on the currently displayed Firefox tab. This is a problem since Firefox 13 and it is currently unknown if there is a fix.